Avast SafePrice is a free plugin from Avast Antivirus that provides various details related to an online purchase, coupons, shopping deals and much more. Having this particular plug-in installed to a browser can let an individual find the right online store to purchase an item at an affordable and discounted price rate.
What is it?
While installing Avast Antivirus to a computer or a laptop, Avast SafePrice browser plug-ins get automatically installed as a part of the whole installation process. As Avast SafePrice add-ons are known to be a malware and adware, it can interrupt the browsing experience in many different ways. Removing them completely shall bring back the smooth and uninterrupted browser experience.
Is it safe?
Avast SafePrice plug-in is not a virus and it does not bring any kind of harm once it has been installed to a web browser. On the other hand, the privacy of an individual is said to be in risk, with details related to shopping getting exposed. Being adware, Avast SafePrice tends to bring below-mentioned changes to your browser that can certainly interrupt the entire browsing experience.
- It can change the default search engine
- Change the default homepage of the web browser
- Allows publisher related cookies to store on to the computer
- Displays multiple pop-up ads
- Alters the new tab settings.
Removing Avast SafePrice browser add-on completely:
Following is the removal guide that has step by step process mentioned to completely remove the Avast SafePrice application and browser add-on from the web browsers.
Removing Avast SafePrice through Control Panel
- Make a click on the Start button from the taskbar
- Select ‘Settings’ and then navigate to ‘System’
- Select ‘Apps & Features’ tab in the opened System menu
- From the list of installed application, find out Avast SafePrice and make a click on it
- A small option to uninstall the application shall pop-up
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button to completely remove Avast SafePrice from your laptop or computer.
Removing Avast SafePrice add-ons from browsers:
After removing the application from the Windows, the browser add-ons will still be present and it must be removed as well. Follow below-mentioned steps to remove the Avast SafePrice add-ons from the browsers.
Removing the add-on from Mozilla Firefox browser:
- Open ‘Menu’ (three horizontal lines) and then click upon to ‘Add-ons’
- Under the ‘Extension’ tab search for ‘Avast SafePrice’
- Make a click upon the ‘Remove’ button that can be found nearby the extension name
- Wait until Firefox completely removes the add-on from the browser
- Restart the Firefox browser to complete the process.
Removing the add-on from Google Chrome browser:
- Make a click on the three horizontal dots that can be found on the top right corner of the Chrome browser
- Move the mouse towards ‘More Tools’ and select ‘Extensions’ from the expanded additional options
- From the list of installed add-ons, select Avast SafePrice and then click upon the delete icon (trash symbol) to remove the plugin
- Restart the Chrome browser to complete the process.